New Lounger
    Thanks

Extracting Data - 2 key factors known

My ACCESS database is working with basketball stats. I am looking at a couple of situations that need stats from another record - next game stats. (a) I am trying to find the most consecutive free throws made. I have found the players that made all their free throws for a game. I now want to find the Free Throws Made and Attempted for the next game. I have the key factors identified (Roster_ID and Next_Game), but I do NOT know how to extract the data.
    (b) Similar idea, I noticed that a player had made double figure free throws in 3 consecutive games. How do I find the free throws made for the next game? (Is this the most free throws made for 3 consecutive games? Or, most consecutive games with double digit free throws made by a player?)
    OneDrive Link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...CEE8154E%21116
    The query to work from is: Cons_FT_v4_Query although the other Cons_FT_v*_Query are similar; v2 shows with this season, and shows blank for end-of-season game.
    The key question is how to extract data using 2 key factors.
    Your help is greatly appreciated. In advance, Thank You.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    So if the next game is listed you want to add up the FTM field?
    i.e. p_id 91 has next game on row 1 as G02 but in your list the next game was G07 so that would not apply.
    i.e. P_id 302 row 10 has G16 as next game and it is the next record so they would be added together?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
    So if the next game is listed you want to add up the FTM field?
    i.e. p_id 91 has next game on row 1 as G02 but in your list the next game was G07 so that would not apply.
    i.e. P_id 302 row 10 has G16 as next game and it is the next record so they would be added together?
    Yes, I want to add another FTM field, I'll call it g2_FTM
    Thank you for investigating and replying.
    The info about game and next game is correct as it is. This query only lists those that made all their free throws for a game.
    1st record for p_id 91; Game_ID 2002-03-V-G01 and G_# indicate this was done in the 1st game so next game is 2002-03-V-G02.
    1st record for p_id 90; Game_ID 2003-04-V-G10 and G_# indicate this was done in the 10th game so next game is 2003-04-V-G11.
    1st record for p_id 9; Game_ID 2014-15-V-G03 and G_# indicate this was done in the 3rd game so next game is 2014-15-V-G04.
    The one thing I really need to do first is 'create' g2_R_ID. Player_ID is for the player's career, while Roster_ID is just for the season. The 3 records that I mentioned would use the same Roster_ID, but the 5th record for p_id 91 is for the last game of the season, and if she is going to continue her streak, it would be the next season.
    Can I include a separate part(s) for the SQL
    SELECT Roster_Info.[Roster_ID] where Roster_Info.[Player_ID] = Cons_FT_v4_Query.[P_ID] and Roster_Info.[Season] = Cons_FT_v4_Query.[Next_Season] AS g2_R_ID