Banned Member
    Thanks

W10 Reliability Monitor!

Hi! How many here on the forum ever look to see how their PC is performing?? Here's a tool that is really hidden but I find it very useful.
    It's not a miracle tool, but some times it can lead you to find a solution to a problem. I like to check mine every few days to see how my PC is performing. Here's my Monitor. What's yours look like?? It's a nice little graph that's very easy to read. Give it a look and see what your PC has been up to. Show me your monitor and add your comments!!
    http://www.howtogeek.com/166911/reli...u-arent-using/

"When it comes to hidden gems in Windows, nothing beats the Reliability monitor tool, hidden behind a link inside of another tool that you don’t use either. Why Microsoft doesn’t shine more light on this really useful troubleshooting tool, we’ll never know.

Reliability Monitor tracks the history of your computer — any time an application crashes, hangs, or Windows gives you a blue screen of death. It also tracks other important events, like when software is installed, or Windows Updates loads a new patch".

Capture48.JPG

Thanks
    From the How-To Geek page:

"So how do you open this tool, you ask? Well, Microsoft buried it behind a lot of clicks, so we’re not even going to give you all those steps. If you open up the Action Center, you can use the “View reliability history” link to get there, but we’d recommend opening the start menu or start screen and searching for “reliability”, which is probably faster."

Or just enter perfmon /rel in a Run dialog or commandline window (Win 7 onwards).

Hope this helps...

PS - For info, some other perfmon switches:
    perfmon /res - Resource monitor
    perfmon /report - System Diagnostics report
    perfmon /sys - (standalone) Performance monitor
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2016-01-03 at 16:59. Reason: Added info about additional perfmon switches

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

holdum333 (2016-01-03)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rick! Thanks for your reply. W 10 has lots of help features if you know where to look.
    Those you posted are good also. I also like the trouble shoot section.
    Can you help me here. Doesn't look to serious!!Capture49.JPG

Thanks
    Probably best to create a new thread re: the failed checks so this thread doesn't go off topic.

Or, if you mean how to call the Troubleshooters directly, just enter control /name Microsoft.Troubleshooting in a Run dialog or commandline window (Win 7 onwards).

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2016-01-03 at 19:16.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

holdum333 (2016-01-03)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Ok Thanks Rick! I will open a new thread. Love learning new things!