4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Missing Recycle Bin

It's not on the Desktop.

Actually, there are no icons on the Desktop at all. I don't know what icons the Windows 10 Desktop is supposed to display, and I like it clean, but I miss this one.

I found a couple of different procedures for displaying the Recycle bin. One is to select Settings > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings and check the Recycle Bin box. I found that it's already checked. Clearing it and rechecking it did not help.

The other procedure is to find the Recycle Bin on Drive C and right click Copy To > Desktop. No icon appears when I do that.

I guess I can access the Recycle Bin through File Explorer, but it's very inconvenient. Is there any way to make the icon appear?

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi I'm sure you tried the obvious, but I didn't see it in your thread.
    Right click on your Desktop-View-Show desktop icons

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, hoklum, because I wasn't aware that there was such a control! I'm used to Windows 7, and I just installed Windows 10 on one machine yesterday.

But where is this control? I'm not sure what "Desktop-View" means. I don't see a "View" tab in Desktop Settings or the Task Bar's Desktop Properties, and it's not clear where else to look.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Not having Win 10 to confirm but I think holdum means for you to right click anywhere on the Desktop.

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by jsachs177 View Post
    It's not on the Desktop.

Actually, there are no icons on the Desktop at all. I don't know what icons the Windows 10 Desktop is supposed to display, and I like it clean, but I miss this one.

I found a couple of different procedures for displaying the Recycle bin. One is to select Settings > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings and check the Recycle Bin box. I found that it's already checked. Clearing it and rechecking it did not help.

The other procedure is to find the Recycle Bin on Drive C and right click Copy To > Desktop. No icon appears when I do that.

I guess I can access the Recycle Bin through File Explorer, but it's very inconvenient. Is there any way to make the icon appear?
    You might try the solutions in this TenForums thread...

http://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...ppeared-3.html

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Not having Win 10 to confirm but I think holdum means for you to right click anywhere on the Desktop.
    I can confirm that is precisely it in W10. I think Holdum might have been clearer if he had typed something like:

Right click on your Desktop, hover over the option 'View' and ensure 'Show desktop icons' is ticked.

But hindsight is always 20/20!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to access-mdb For This Useful Post:

holdum333 (2016-01-04)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi jsachs! Sorry! Some times my computer language leaves a lot to be desired and I take short cuts.
    I hope you find a solution to your issue.

"Right click on your Desktop, hover over the option 'View' and ensure 'Show desktop icons' is ticked".

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried this tonight, but couldn't confirm it because my system will no longer boot. It gets as far as the silhouette of a blue window, and hangs.

This is a separate problem, so I'm going to post a separate question about it. I'll return here after the problem is solved.

Meanwhile, thanks for everyone's assistance.