New Lounger
    Thanks

Win8.1 system won't upgrade

This may be off topic but... I've been trying to upgrade my Win8.1 computer to Win10 for several days now. When I click the "Get Windows 10" icon on my task bar it starts Windows updates which shows all uninstalled updates EXCEPT Win10. I thought maybe Win8 needed to be completely updated so I installed all important, than all optional updates but Win10 will not install. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
    TIA
    -Pete-

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi I suggest using the media creation tool. Scroll to the bottom of this link and down load the media creation tool!!
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am downloading the MCT as we speak and will give that a go. I'll report back later. Thanks.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Suchon View Post
    I am downloading the MCT as we speak and will give that a go. I'll report back later. Thanks.
    OK good! be patient. It could take a couple of hours to finish!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Did the install today using MCT. It did take a long time to install but it seems to be okay albeit running very slowly. But I have started exploring Win10. Hopefully it will be worth the install.
    -Pete-

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Pete! You have a month to roll back if you don't like it. I would advise making a back up image with a 3rd party image program. The way I approached this up grade, was to create a image of my W7 OS before up grading. Then I made a image of W10. I can roll back and forth when ever I chose. I have already rolled back to W7 once and then used MCT to roll back to W10. Not sure how long I can do that, but so far there's no problem going back and forth. MS may stop me in the future??? I really like W10!!