4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to manage image in template

I have tried over-and-over but cannot figure out the attached Word document. It is a template I downloaded for my CD/DVD labels. It works fine most of the time. Occasionally, the image/drawing/diagram of the CD's behind the complex table slides out. I cannot figure out how to manage this or even how they got that image back there in the first place.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Ronny
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ronny Richardson

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The image is a floating object in the header. If you open up the header you will be able to select that graphic and move it around.

Now, because you have multiple sections in the document, you also have multiple instances of the graphic (which may be positioned differently). Life would be much simpler if you used page breaks instead of section breaks. This would allow you to position the background image once and have the same positioning on every page.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Lockton For This Useful Post:

Charles Kenyon (2016-01-07),Ronny (2016-01-07)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I looked over that template numerous times and could never figure that image out. Once I saw your post, it was clear what was going on.

I cannot use a page break rather than a section break because the page break requires a return that messes up the spacing.

I downloaded the template and have long wanted to just delete the image since it sometimes gets in the way but could never figure out how. It's gone now.

Thanks
    Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    the page break requires a return
    Umm, no, it doesn't. You can even put one into the middle of a paragraph. Granted, the default behaviour is to insert a page break, but you can delete that easily enough.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]