Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bluetooth mouse problems

Just installed MS Sculpt Comfort Mouse on a Win 8, 64 bit system.

Previously, I had a MS wireless keyboard/mouse combo: 6000, Ver 3.0. Flawless performance until the mouse failed. The keyboard remains fully functional.

To avoid possible problems, I decided to get this Bluetooth mouse instead of another wireless mouse. It also claims Windows 10 compatibility - for whatever that's worth.

Usually, the new (Bluetooth) mouse works fine. Occasionally, it will freeze; simply moving the mouse &/or clicking the buttons makes no difference. I must turn the mouse off, then on. It does this intermittently and randomly. There is no relationship (that I can identify) to time passed since last outage, keyboard key sequences, menu choices in Windows apps etc.

MS tech support feels that this is "not a bug"; well, I do not consider it a feature - a nuisance.

Is this mouse defective? I have looked in Device Manager but it says the "device is working properly". Of course, this can't be checked when it is frozen.

Other checks to make? Workarounds or solutions?

Thanks

jwoods
    You might check if there are updated drivers available.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/e...-comfort-mouse

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Checked driver & it is current. Reinstalled to make sure.
    Still the same problem

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The only way you could check if it was defective would be to RMA it for a replacement, but Event Viewer may have something time stamped recorded as dropping out.