Banned Member
    Thanks

Extended Disk Cleanup

Hi! I ran this command on my W10 OS and I actually lost free space?? 39.9 went to 40.1
    Go figure!
    Thank you!
    Disk Cleanup : Extended - Windows 7 Help Forums

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holdum333 View Post
    Hi! I ran this command on my W10 OS and I actually lost free space?? 39.9 went to 40.1
    Go figure!
    Thank you!
    If free space was 39.9 and it went to 40.1 that is an increase in free space.

Here is a guide for Setting up Disk Cleanup in Task Scheduler. I have it scheduled to run daily.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Oops sorry bbearen! My bad it went from 39.9 used space to 40.1. Thanks for the link, but it's not working for me and I don't mind using the old way. I like CCleaner better. It cleans more crap. Did you know that you can schedule CCleaner to run on start up or it will also advise you when a certain amount of crap can be removed!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holdum333 View Post
    Oops sorry bbearen! My bad it went from 39.9 used space to 40.1. Thanks for the link, but it's not working for me and I don't mind using the old way. I like CCleaner better. It cleans more crap. Did you know that you can schedule CCleaner to run on start up or it will also advise you when a certain amount of crap can be removed!
    I'm familiar with CCleaner.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    I'm sure you are! I like your signature. I'm going to create one simular!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If the space used went up the machine is as clean as you can get it.

cheers, Paul