New Lounger
    Thanks

Combining Multiple IF Statement with AND and OR

Iím looking for a little help combining multiple IF statements. I donít have a lot of experience with this, so I created a table with each of my conditions to help. I can get a single conditions and the desired results to work; however, when I attempt to combine the statements, I cannot get my syntax correct. Excel will accept my formula, but it returns a #Value error in the cell. Iíve done some research, but since Excel is not showing a formula error, Iím have a hard time isolating what part(s) of the formula is wrong.

Hereís what Iím trying to accomplish.

Condition 1: If A1 is greater than today; E1 is blank

Condition 2: If A1 equals to today AND B1, C1 and D1 (all 3) are blank, E1 is 10

Condition 3: If A1 equals to less than today and B1, C1 or D1 (either of the 3) are NOT blank, E1 is 20; otherwise E1 is 30

Hereís my formula:
    =IF(B31>TODAY(),""),IF((AND(B31=TODAY(),C31="",D31 ="",E31="",)),10),IF(OR(B30>=TODAY(),C30<>"",D30<> "",E30<>"",),20,30)

IF.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    JAATR,

I think this fixes the formula but I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish:

=IF(B31>TODAY(),"",IF(AND(B31=TODAY(),C31="",D31=" "),10,IF(OR(B30>=TODAY(),C30<>"",D30<>"",E30<>""),20,30)))

The term in blue does not make sense based on your example as that column would not contain a date! Likewise, I deleted the term E31="" as that is the cell containing this formula!

JAATR.PNG

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    RetiredGeek

Thanks for your help. Your formula worked perfectly.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi Jaatr

I’m have a hard time isolating what part(s) of the formula is wrong.
    ..put the cellpointer in the cell that has a complex formula. In the formula bar, use the mouse (or whatever) to highlight some part of the formula sections, press [F9] and it will calc that particular section. You can use the calc button in this way to check which parts of the formula give the expected results.

zeddy