New Lounger
    Thanks

Conflicting update messages

When I click the "Get Windows 10" icon, I get a screen which tells me that: "Your computer is not qualified to install Windows 10".

However, when I click the "View Report" option, it tells that "You're good to go".

Is there some way to sort this out and proceed with the upgrade?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This could be because your GPU isn't Win 10 supported and going to the vendor support site to check if there are any Win 10 drivers for it or Google its compatibility would confirm.

You haven't said which OS you want to upgrade from but running the Win 8.1 Upgrade Assistant may give you some clues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...oad-online-faq

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

CephasOz (2016-01-12)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This computer is a HP Pavilion x360 running Win8.1, and I have a message in my HP Support Assistant suggesting that I get ready for Win10. So either HP doesn't target that message towards compatible machines, or else my machine is compatible.

On the negative side, the HP website still specifies Win8.1 as the OS that new x360's are sold with.

My GPU is an integrated Intel Valleyview (Intel HD graphics Gen7 4EU) according to HWInfo.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Backup your computer, download the Media Creation Tool, create a USB installer and run the install program.
    Let us know how it goes.

cheers, Paul

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

CephasOz (2016-01-13)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Paul! Would you mind explaining how to use the Media Creation Tool. I have used the tool and the USB to upgrade. I simply plugged the USB in to a port and clicked on Setup. I have not tried to boot with the USB. Thank You!! Always good advise to create a back up image.Capture48.JPG

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You used the correct method - run from existing Windows.

cheers, Paul

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

holdum333 (2016-01-12)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Paul! I just booted from my MCT USB. I hadn't tested it to see if I could boot. It booted just fine. I'm glad to know that I can boot with the USB and install the up grade. I had to change my boot order to boot from USB as first choice.
    Piece of cake. I'm going to change the boot order back to DVD as first choice as that's what I use the most. I have a lot of live DVD's. I'm really starting to like W10. Always trying to learn new things.
    Thank you for your reply!
    Last edited by holdum333; 2016-01-12 at 03:32.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    You used the correct method - run from existing Windows.

cheers, Paul
    Thank you sir! You are appreciated!! Tried to give you a thank you, but wasn't able to. What's up with that??

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The help was greatly appreciated. Thank you. I used the recovery partition to grind the system back to factory settings, then poured in about a gig-and-a-half of HP and Microsoft updates, and tried again. It worked this time. Only problem is, I don't know what the problem was. The hardware didn't change, so it was purely a software problem. I'm okay, but I don't know if that's going to be much help to someone else with the same issue. I think PaulT's suggestion would probably be my next step if this hadn't worked. Thanks people.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out why some thing works the second time around and why it didn't work the first time. That's the computer world. The good thing is you got it done. I almost always never get it right the first time. LOL Good job! IMHO the Media Creation Tool is the best way to go.