2 Star Lounger
    Bothell, Washington, USA

Question Save the Printer Configuration on Windows 7 Pro?

I will be getting a hardware upgrade soon on my PC (a new SS drive as the boot drive, a new video card, a new DVD player, quadruple the RAM).

As part of the upgrade they will be reloading Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and of course all of the applications will have to be reloaded.

I plan to loan them the disks for my more significant applications so they can load them for me (e.g. MS Office ).

My question now is this

Is there a way to save my existing printer configuration to be reloaded after the hardware upgrade is complete?

I have a multi-function printer (Lexmark X264dn) and I have set preferences and settings on it over the years. I don’t want to have to redo all of them, especially since I don’t even recall what they all are now. The scanner is especially finicky and it’s taken 2 years to get it to its current state. But the copier too has a few quirky aspects to it.

I plan to check on the printer itself if there is any kind of save function and I think I will contact Lexmark about it but I thought I would ask if there is anything in Windows that would perform this save function for the printer. If not in Windows, is there a 3rd party application that does something like this?

Window 7 Pro, 64-bit
    Printer – Multi-function Lexmark X264dn

Manning, South Carolina
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,324 Posts

Why? You could just do everything (except the SSD) load all the drivers for the new hardware then Image the HD and Restore the image to the SSD. No Reloading required for anything! With the exception of maybe having to reauthorize the OS w/MS an easy process. Your repair shop should have given you this option IMHO.

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2016-01-11)

+1 for RG's suggestion. Soooo much easier.