Thread: Language ?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Language ?

Hello. This language thingee is not too important to most of us here. One of the friends that I help will more than likely be hit soon by this "forced" upgrade to Win-10. At the moment her computer is running W-7, one of the three licenses that I got and it is running in English. Not a very annoying problem. Can you tell me, as I forget, if on installing W-10 there is this option to select a different language ? I think that it will see the W-7 English version and stick to this language. I have not installed any W-10 lately, thus I forget this step. We are mainly French speaking here.

All best wishes. Jean.

Thanks
    Can you tell me, as I forget, if on installing W-10 there is this option to select a different language ?
    How to Change the Display Language in Windows 10
    It works for me on W10 Pro, but I am unsure if W10 Home supports adding languages, so someone with home will have to confirm.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, Clint. So simple when one knows how.

I still have to confirm that the whole machine will change languages, I seem to understand that it will and not only the keyboard. As it is, at the moment, we have this option selected and a Ctrl-Shift will toggle them but it only changes the keyboard mapping.

All best wishes. Jean

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint, good morning.
    The "translation" was done but is not very useful. Only Edge was shown in French, not IE.
    All menus are still in English as well as the boot screen, everything that is strictly Microsoft is not translated. As they are pushing Edge, this app was done to the detriment of IE.
    Settings is also totally remaining in the base language, Updates are still unilingual. I am not on it at this moment, I will switch machines and investigate further.
    Thanks to you for pointing me to this app, Language, that I had seen but never thought of using.

All best wishes. Jean.