New Lounger
    Thanks

how to emulate hd from file (image) ? dos / win 9x

hello guys, i need programm that can emulate hard drive from the file. seems like imdisk but for dos. may its even not programm but driver, i dunno. sure i didnt find it cause in that past times noone thought about this. then i started to look for old crypto applications like old version pgpdisk, but unfortunally there no such prog which can support command line (ms-dos) i ve found e4m (encryption for masses) and this even works, there two way for creation of file-container : e4m (for windows 98) and sfs (as i understand - secure filesystem). SFS can be runs under dos and windows but require special driver. I find the driver but this is doesnt work, Anyone here did file-container under dos?

Thanks
    What is the file extension of that image file? And by what program or utility was that image created?
    I know of a few programs, others here may know of many other programs, which can mount certain types of image files. Some are free, some are not free.
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2016-01-12 at 16:27.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I believe the current Daemon Tools still works under Win98. If not an older version. If not look for its predecessor, Generic SafeDisc emulator. Not free...but the older versions were shareware and there is a lite version.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Create a Virtual Machine and run your system in it. Then create the disk you need as an ISO and mount it in the VM.
    Note: this only works if your hardware is up to it. Ask if you need more details.

cheers, Paul

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2016-01-13)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    To Roland : there two formats of image - e4m, its work but doesnt open under dos, and sfs, there in manual was written it supports both dos and windows, but u must use special driver. I dunno what driver is it, but found on the one site something similar (sfs aplication with some dll's). there in manual was written u must copy libraries in system. i did it but system seems doesnt see the driver. extension of image is *.vol1.gif2.gif
    To Nazi : i didnt use daemon tools but think this onlly for emulation of cd-drive? i need programm which can emulate hdd with read\write. Hmm generic safedisk? i search look for it, anyway thank for ur reply
    To Paul: nooooooooooo, only without any virtualization, i looking for driver for system
    Last edited by happy_lama; 2016-01-13 at 13:02.

Thanks
    Generic SafeDisc emulator -- watch where you download that from; a few websites look like Miss Kitty's Saloon just before Yul Brenner deals himself 5 Aces [no wild cards] in a poker game.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    is available on oldapps? cant search on google?