New Lounger
    Thanks

Opening Excel Spreadsheet from Internet Explorer

Windows 7 (64bit), IE 9 and 11, Office 2010 and Office 2013. I have set Excel as HTML editor in IE. I have one user, that cannot edit (it's greyed out). The user has permissions to the spreadsheet. The user can access/update on another PC, it's just this PC. User has Admin Rights on PC. I, system administrator, can log on and access the spreadsheet w/o issues. I have deleted/re-created User Profile - still no go. I have made my user profile the default and then re-created user profile - still no go???? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One thought, when the User opens the spreadsheet does his Excel also load add-ins? This can cause issues.
    Try to load Excel with no add-ins and see if they can now edit.

Alternative when the User has the spreadsheet open try this - open the VBA editor then open the immediate window. Type Application.EnableEvents = False then Enter, now have the User go back to Excel and see if the User can Edit.

Hope this helps.

TD

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The issue is, Excel doesn't even open. In Internet Explorer, the "Edit with Excel (desktop)" is greyed out, so the user cannot even open the spreadsheet. It doesn't appear to be an Add-in either, I've disabled/re-enabled them all.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I found this out on the Web perhaps this could solve the issue.

What I had to do was recreate the profile on the computer and also recreate a new roaming profile from the
    server. This solved the issue. I think what might have originally caused it was going from each version 8, 9, and 10
    back and forth too many times

Tom

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried the Roaming Profile change too. No-Go. This is frustrating as all get-out?!?!?