Thanks

Question PUP startpage24.xpi

I'm pretty sure this has to do with one of the addons in Firefox. Malwarebytes flags it as a PUP. I've Googled but can't find an answer. I posted in the Malwarebytes forum but haven't received a reply. So, do I remove it or leave it?

<file><path>C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla \Firefox\Profiles\nztyw2og.default\extensions\ffex t_basicvideoext@startpage24.xpi</path><vendor>PUP.Optional.StartPage24</vendor><action>none</action><hash>f2d1053330691b1b90f301ca639fed13</hash></file>

Windows 8.1 64bit
    Firefox 43

TIA

Thanks
    Remove it. The homepage for Startpage 24 is here: www.startpage24.com . When I try to access it, my security software identifies it as a malware site. See if you can uninstall it via control panel as well.

Jerry

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks. I had Malwarebytes quarantine it. When it did, Videodownloader Professional was gone. So that's what it related to. I followed the link you posted and didn't get any warning (Kaspersky Internet Security/Malwarebytes Premium). I have NoScript installed. Don't know if that made a difference or not.

Thanks again.