Thread: Repair Install!

Banned Member
    Thanks

Repair Install!

Hi I think I may have posted some thing similar to this; but would like to hear your comments, and if you have tried this, and did it work as advertised by Brink!

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...e-upgrade.html

Refresh?Reset

The options above are great for what they are intended for, but you could also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.

Thanks
    Although I don't doubt the article, Brink is well known and respected, but I personally can't foresee the need...

A back up image of your OS is the best friend you will ever have!
    Far less complicated, not to mention that an image recovery takes only a fraction of the time.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Clint! I agree 100%. Not all members will take the time to make a image. We both preach it, but only a few will listen. I have recommended Brinks Tutorials for years. One smart dude and respected on all help forums.
    The Refresh/Reset are good but if you want to save your programs, you might want to try this repair install. I will give it ago one of these days to see what it does. Was hoping maybe some members here had tried it and would comment.
    Thanks for your reply!
    PS I really like your signature. Sounds a little like mine> LOL