Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acronis 2013 & C Drive space loss.

Forum Members,
    Two questions will much appreciate feedback and opinions. Running W 7 64 bit and using Acronis Family Pack True Image 2013 any reason to upgrade or update this app? Also I have been noticing that I am slowly seeing a incremental loss of space on C Drive small but still happening and have not added any programs or apps Why?
    Thank you very much.
    Phil.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Applying patches will gradually use space. Have you run disk cleanup to cleanup system files?

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2016-01-16)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I have found that my free space varies all the time. I'm not adding programs either. Like @Joe says, Patches will take up free space. If you have restore points turned up, they will eat up space. Have you ran disk cleanup.
    I don't use Acronis. I use Macrium Free and I always except the offered updates. The up grade is usually a paid version and I don't do those.
    Hope we have answered your questions! If not ask away!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to holdum333 For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2016-01-16)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you both for your responses. yes I run disc cleanup regularly and have cleaned up system restore points This is like 1 or 2 GB's every few days.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I use Acronis 2014 and have no issues with data loss caused by Acronis.

Fire up TreeSize free to see where all the space has gone.

cheers, Paul

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2016-01-16)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Sir I know nothing about that but will give it a try. I don't believe that it has anything to do with Acronis I was just referring to it in regards to that once you have it you never have to buy that type of Product again unless of course you become unhappy with it or find something else you like better, thanks.
    Phil

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Phil! I use to worry about keeping my PC squeaky clean. Removing all the temps and garbage. I still do and try to keep it cleaned up. Some times you can worry to much. I use CCleaner and not much more to keep my PC clean.
    If you want to see where all your space is being used TreeSize free is a great program recommended by Paul. I use Wiztree. They do the same thing. Just don't fall for one of those snake oil programs that claim to clean your PC and make it run faster, I've been there and they cause you nothing but grief. Free space is going to vary at times and there are several reasons for that. You can limit how much free space restore points use. Not a bad idea to clean them out once in awhile. The old ones will be deleted automatically if you limit the space.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to holdum333 For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2016-01-16)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    There are a few hidden space robbers, in Windows. One of those is the Windows search index, windows.edb file, which can "run amok" and grow beyond reason.
    In any case, it's always best to find out what is taking your space. For that purpose, I quite like SpaceSniffer. It's intuitive and easy to use.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2016-01-16)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Your correct I have the same disease. I use CCleaner also,I am only concerned because a couple of months ago something was wrong and it got filled up on me and I had to have a tech guy come in and clean out something that was causing it and I don't remember what it was or how to do I do remember it was in Program files (86) but that"s it so I was hoping to get some info from the Forum so I could get a jump on it if it was starting to happen again thanks for your advice no snake oil for me thank you.
    Phil.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Rui I will definitely check that out.
    Phil.

Thanks
    CowBoyPhil, I've been using Acronis Family Pack True Image 2013, 2014, 2015 & now I'm diddling with 2016.
    I've upgraded because I also upgraded some but not all of the computer hard-ware. If you're not upgrading the hard-drive and/or the mobo/HD-controller, there is no need to upgrade your Acronis TI.
    I now also use Macrium Reflect Pro [the pay-for provides EZer making of the WinPE/Macrium DVD].
    By the way, I also use Resplendence's Undelux. Undelux has shown me the incredible amount of constant cycles of delete, copy, delete, copy, delete, copy goings on within Windows OS prime, and within the numerous 3rd party programs and utilities. Hence, the differences of your free/available space.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RolandJS For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2016-01-16)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYPHIL View Post
    Forum Members,
    Two questions will much appreciate feedback and opinions. Running W 7 64 bit and using Acronis Family Pack True Image 2013 any reason to upgrade or update this app? Also I have been noticing that I am slowly seeing a incremental loss of space on C Drive small but still happening and have not added any programs or apps Why?
    Thank you very much.
    Phil.
    I have the 2015 version, I believe the option to install to new hardware was added in that edition. The s/w to do that needs to be downloaded separately from TI and used to create a boot disk to which you add new drivers for the new h/w. I have not used it nor yet d/l the s/w.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wavy For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2016-01-16)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that info wavy. At this point I am most concerned about the loss of space on C lost 3 GB just overnight.
    Phil.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYPHIL View Post
    Thanks for that info wavy. At this point I am most concerned about the loss of space on C lost 3 GB just overnight.
    Phil.
    You need to use one the apps mentioned in this thread, Phil, and check what is taking that space. It seems the high priority thing to do.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2016-01-16)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Rui.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast