Thanks

Can't access public Facebook site with Win 10's Edge browser

My wife recently got a new laptop with Windows 10. We've just found that the new Microsoft Edge browser on it won't open public Facebook sites. We have no problem with my Windows 7 computer or our iPads opening the sites. So I'm guessing it must be something to do with Edge. When we go to the public site the page won't display. It just pops up a Facebook box asking to sign into her Facebook account. She doesn't have one and doesn't want one.

For example, these are the public sites that we need to access:
    https://www.facebook.com/bridgesforpeace
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bridg...48849075257460

I assume that there should be a simple fix but I'm not familiar with Windows 10 or Edge so don't know where to look for it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    On my Edge in w10 it asks me to login, but I can still see the page without doing so (I too don't have a FB login). On 8.1 and FF it doesn't ask me to login though I can see the page. I can't see any settings in Edge that might cause this though.

Thanks
    I too can view the page without logging in, using Edge. Have you tried using Internet Explorer? It is available in Win 10, you can find it with a search from the search button.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincenzo For This Useful Post:

holdum333 (2016-01-16)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Sorry I misunderstood your issue. I'm not having any problems and can view the page with Edge, without logging in also.
    I'm running W10. I would try a different browser like the ones suggested above.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rod! Is this by chance what your wife is seeing when she clicks on Edge??

Capture48.JPG

Mod EDIT: suggesting the deletion of FB cookies would be more appropriate.
    Last edited by satrow; 2016-01-16 at 16:18.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi OK How will that help?? And how do you delete FB cookies? If the problem isn't in Edge setting, where is the problem? The only way I know to delete cookies is with CCleaner.

Thanks
    Looks like I started an interesting conversation here. Just came back and saw all these posts.
    Here's a screen snip of what we get when she goes to the public Facebook site. There's a quick flash of the page and this box pops up in front of it with the page dimmed out. If she clicks the Log In button, then it goes to the page in holdum333's post #5.

Yes, she's used to Internet Explorer on her old Vista laptop and I could easily install it for her but she's just gotten used to Edge and I was hoping to get it to work so as not to have to give her too many options. She likes one way of doing things. However it necessary I'll go there.

SnipImage.JPG

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rod I would like to help you, but my replies might get deleted. I'm not a Facebook fan.
    When your wife tries to go to bridges of peace this happens?? I assume Edge works correctly otherwise. It seems to me Facebook wants her to log on to her Facebook page, but she doesn't have one or want one. I have no trouble getting to bridges for peace, but I also have a Facebook Page.
    The only solution I see is to change browsers or for her get a Facebook page. Very strange. That's all I know!

Thanks
    Yes, she hasn't had any problems otherwise with Edge - just on the Facebook public sites. And it seems to be with any public Facebook site. I just tried another one unrelated to Bridges for Peace ... this one is a local church and got the same result.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seasi...47617258587181
    I'm not a Facebook fan either although I've been flip flopping on whether I should set one up just to promote my web site a bit since it doesn't get much traffic.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rod! You could try logging on to Facebook with your password and user name. Might work?? Facebook is very strange some times!
    PS I like your web site!
    Last edited by holdum333; 2016-01-16 at 18:45.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rod !This could also be a Edge bug. I really don't have any more suggestions for you!

Thanks
    Holdum 333, I don't have a Facebook account - just had been thinking about whether I should get one - been "thinking" for months, no decision yet!
    Thanks for compliment on site.

(Tending to agree that probably an Edge bug.)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi I found this. Looks very complicated to me. Not some thing I want to try.
    http://www.techtantri.com/how-to-rei...-edge-browser/
    Sorry friend! Maybe others can help.
    Last edited by holdum333; 2016-01-16 at 19:49.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rod Here's a down load from Microsoft? I'm still researching this!
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48126

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rod! You might give this a try. Edge is new and there's not much about it yet on the Web!!
    http://appuals.com/best-fix-reset-mi...on-windows-10/