Banned Member
    Thanks

Help With Event Viewer!

Hi I'm running W10 and trying to learn. I'm getting critical errors in Event Viewer. I have no idea what is going on. I have several of the same type of error. When I go on line, there isn't any information.
    Can anyone help me?
    Thank you!
    Capture48.JPG

Thanks
    I googled the event errors and got a number of hits with the errors that you have, you may want to read this one ( it's long but there are some positive answers after you get down the page ).
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral

This was the search term I googled with "esent error 488"
    Last edited by lumpy95; 2016-01-18 at 19:40.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lumpy95 For This Useful Post:

holdum333 (2016-01-18)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    I googled the event errors and got a number of hits with the errors that you have, you may want to read this one ( it's long but there are some positive answers after you get down the page ).
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral

This was the search term I googled with "esent error 488"
    Thank you lumpy! That may be over my thick brain, but I'm going to give it a good look. I might just see If I get more errors like that before I get real concerned. That solution looks pretty involved to me. Was hoping for a simple solution. Nothing seems simple with W10
    I was messing around with PowerShell and working with RG. Do you think that could be what caused those errors? Trying to remember what all I have been doing lately.
    Last edited by holdum333; 2016-01-18 at 19:52.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Does this help??Capture48.JPG

Thanks
    SettingSyncHost.exe is what is mentioned in the support article I linked to. I don't have a clue what caused the problem but there is a fix in the support article. Sorry, that's the best I can do.
    Here is the post that seemed to help everyone:
    Back to the original errors; I went looking for "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Set tingSync\metastore\" and it wasn't there (used view hidden protected files). It was, however, at "c:\windows\logs\SettingSync\". It appears that SettingSyncHost does not have permission to write there but it doesn't look there anyway. Why should it? It's doing logs after all.

I copied the \logs\SettingSync\ folder, which was empty, to "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows \". No other changes or permission fiddling. After a restart and 5 hours of doing stuff, Esent 413/488 haven't come back.
    Obviously you will want to back up before attempting any "fixes".
    Last edited by lumpy95; 2016-01-18 at 20:49. Reason: more info

Banned Member
    Thanks
    OK Thanks lumpy! Yes sir always make back ups when making major changes! You done good! Thanks!