Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Canoscan Lide 25

I have recently installed Windows 10 on my Laptop and downloaded the driver toolbox for a Canonscan Lide 25

When trying to scan , I get "Unable to select Twain Source"

I would like to know how to overcome this

Your assistance to resolve this is most appreciated

Thanks
    You might have to uninstall all the software [and drivers]; then install first the driver exe, then either the quick menu exe or the navigator menu exe; and install the manual help exe if desired. That's how I solved a similar problem.
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2016-01-19 at 15:41.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    The last driver/toolbox released for the LiDE 25 was for Windows 7. I have a LiDE 90 and, like your LiDE 25, there's no Windows 10-compatible driver/toolbox available and I was getting the "Unable to select Twain Source" error. These are the steps that worked for me:

(Note: You must be logged into an account in the Administrators group.)

1. Download and install TWAIN Driver - LiDE 25 Scanner Driver Ver. 11.0.1.1a (Windows 7 x64/Vista64) and CanoScan Toolbox Ver. 4.9.3.2 (Windows 7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/Me/98) from https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...anoscan-lide25.

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\twain_32. You'll see a folder name beginning with CNQ. (For example, the TWAIN driver for my LiDE 90 installs to C:\Windows\twain_32\CNQ2412).

3. Double-click on the CNQ folder to open it, click in the address bar to select the filepath then use CTRL+C to copy the filepath to the Windows clipboard (or right-click on the filepath and choose Copy). For example:
    _lide01.png
    Click to enlarge

4. Right-click on the Windows 10 Start button and choose System.

5. On the left-side of the window, choose Advanced system settings.
    _lide02.png
    Click to enlarge

6. Click on the Advanced tab then left-click on the Environment Variables button. A new dialog will appear.
    _lide03.png
    Click to enlarge

7. In the System Variables section, left-click on Path in the list of variables to select it then left-click on the Edit button.
    _lide04.png
    Click to enlarge

8. In the Edit environment variable dialog, left-click on the New button. This will highlight the first empty line at the bottom of the list.

9. Use CTRL+V to paste the filepath from the Windows clipboard (or right-click in the highlighted empty line and choose Paste) then left-click on the OK button to dismiss the Edit environment variable dialog.
    _lide05.png
    Click to enlarge

10. Left-click on the OK button to dismiss the Environment Variables dialog then left-click on the next OK button to dismiss the System Properties dialog.

11. Restart your laptop (so the amended Path variable can be read) and try your scanner again.

Hope this helps... let us know if this works for you.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks guys for your input

Rick thanks for taking the time to give a detailed explanation on how to resolve the problem. I managed to uninstall and download the software from this Website and it worked

http://www.getdriver.com/scanner/284...-software.html