Thanks

Editors of New (Improved?) Newsletter Ignore Letters to Them. A sign of things to come?

I regret the critical tone of this post, but this now seems to be the only relevant forum in which to vent opinions about the "new" Newsletter (I note a tab above that links to "Newsletter Archives" which clearly suggests that comments relating to newsletters should be welcome in this forum ...perhaps I am wrong?

Despite the "locking" of posts complaining about the "new improved" Newsletter, the fact remains it is a disaster and has clearly annoyed many Loungers and undoubtedly lost many subscribers. I stupidly promptly renewed my subscription as soon as a I heard of the new Newsletter, believing it would be at least as good/worthwhile as the previous user-friendly one.

I have followed JoeP's advice (posted in other locked posts dealing with this topic) on more than one occasion and "contacted the editors" using the "contact us" tab on the newsletter page. Despite the automated response that I will be "contacted shortly", there has been no response. (Is this another indication of the "improved" new approach and lack of consideration for the views of readers?)

Newsletter 515 is deeply disappointing, as was the previous one. If this is the intended standard of the "new'" (presumably improved) newsletter, I am afraid you have completely missed the target. Regrettably I promptly renewed my subscription assuming I would find the newsletter at least as interesting as in the past. I am clearly incorrect.

I had to "click" 4 times to get from the "newsletter e-mail" to the full newsletter which can only be viewed after login. Surely "progress' should make things easier, not more of a nuisance?

No doubt this post will be "locked" or possibly deleted, but that will not change the fact the new newsletter represents a mistake by the relevant parties. I trust they will have the courage to correct it. (This remains the only place to vent opinions if Editors are going to ignore "letters to the editor"!!)
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petesmst View Post
    I have followed JoeP's advice (posted in other locked posts dealing with this topic) on more than one occasion and "contacted the editors" using the "contact us" tab on the newsletter page. Despite the automated response that I will be "contacted shortly", there has been no response. (Is this another indication of the "improved" new approach and lack of consideration for the views of readers?)
    I never even got the automated response. Consider yourself lucky
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petesmst View Post
    ... I note a tab above that links to "Newsletter Archives" which clearly suggests that comments relating to newsletters should be welcome in this forum ...perhaps I am wrong?

Despite the "locking" of posts complaining about the "new improved" Newsletter, ...
    The topics were initially locked, Pete, they were later merged as one and that topic was reopened in the WS Columns section (where you just added to the heap).

Anything posted elsewhere about happenings outside of the forum staff's jurisdiction will almost certainly not be read by those that make decisions about this issue.

Further comments on this subject here, please, we can't guarantee that all will be read and acted on individually but Penton staff have been visiting there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

petesmst (2016-01-22)