New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Interesting happening

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit and I have always kept Updates turned off and manually check for updates that and install those I feel I need.

Monday night when I told my computer to "Shut Down", it claimed it was installing Updates. Since it was midnight, and I didn't feel like chasing it at that time, I just turned off the monitor and went to bed. The next morning when I turn on the PC, it claimed it was 'Configuring the PC' and that I shouldn't turn it off. After it had gotten done all it's 'configuring', and 'allowed' me to access my desktop, I checked and found the "Updates" setting had mysteriously changed to "Install Updates automatically, Every day, at 3 AM", so I turned it off again.

I use this PC every day, so I started wondering if anyone else has had this happen to their home computer recently?
    Last edited by kennygr; 2016-01-20 at 22:09. Reason: Minor change to content for clarity, corrected spelling.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    There have been posts that this is happening to some "lucky" users. It has been attributed to one or more of the patches preparing your PC for Windows 10.

You could try the GWX Control Panel to see if that helps.

Joe