New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 BSOD (Blue screen of death) on start up

Hi. Upgraded my laptop from wind 8 pro 64 bit to wind 10 about 4 months ago. The upgrade was successful and has been operating normally since. Yesterday on switching on I was not able to load windows instead received BSOD with message (System thread exception not handled) followed by message (C:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\SrtTrial.txt ) Tried all all advanced trouble shooting repairs offered on screen-none corrected the problem. If anyone has had similar experience and know of the fix I will be very grateful for any help. The computer would not load beyond the BSOD and there-fore not even able to get into safe mode.

Hope some one out there can help me. joni

Thanks
    There are so many possible reasons for that type of BSOD (STOP 0x0000007E) that a 'fix' for one PC is very unlikely to work on any other.

Easiest 'fix' = a fresh install of Windows, any other method would first require a large amount of troubleshooting and analysis, getting logs/dumps, etc. from the HDD of the notebook, etc. If you're confident enough and have a PC you can temporarily move the notebook HDD into, you can get enough data for a preliminary analysis to be made.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Bsod

Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    There are so many possible reasons for that type of BSOD (STOP 0x0000007E) that a 'fix' for one PC is very unlikely to work on any other.

Easiest 'fix' = a fresh install of Windows, any other method would first require a large amount of troubleshooting and analysis, getting logs/dumps, etc. from the HDD of the notebook, etc. If you're confident enough and have a PC you can temporarily move the notebook HDD into, you can get enough data for a preliminary analysis to be made.
    Thank you satrow for your reply. It would appear the amount of troubleshooting involved may not solve the problem seeing there are so many different methods of approaching the problem. I will bow to your knowledge and go for a clean install. It's sad to lose everything on one's computer and not be able to do anything about it. I only hope I don't encounter it again.
    Many, Many thanks. joni