New Lounger
    Thanks

Best VPN to use with windows 10?

I want to install a VPN I am using windows 10, I have done some research and it appears that most people like the functionality of, Private Internet Access, plus the price points, monthly and yearly. The installation appears to be very easy.

Could I get some input from this community as to your thoughts on Private Internet Access.

Thanks
    Brian

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What is your primary use of the VPN?

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Use the VPN software your employer recommends/requires.

If this advice isn't applicable, I thought that Windows 10 already contained multiple different VPN clients, out of the box?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I will be using the VPN to enter banking and other data money sensitive sites when I travel?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used several and have found Private Internet Access to be amongst the best,
    The UI is simple, web page informative and support prompt; you won't do much better than PIA in my experience.

Lounger
    Thanks

VPN is built in to Win10

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I want to install a VPN I am using windows 10, I have done some research and it appears that most people like the functionality of, Private Internet Access, plus the price points, monthly and yearly. The installation appears to be very easy.

Could I get some input from this community as to your thoughts on Private Internet Access.

Thanks
    Brian
    I haven't used that VPN, but I do use StrongVPN. Windows 10 has VPN support built right in (So does Windows 8/8.1). Once you have VPN account and credentials, it's easy enough to plug them into Win 10. See http://strongvpn.com/setup_windows_10_pptp.html for how I do it via StrongVPN (it will also tell you what your IP address is at the top of the screen when you visit the site so you can test if it's working). I believe this would work for others, as all you need is the VPN server address, and the username and password the VPN provider has given to you.
    hth
    (FWIW, I use Win 10 Pro, 64 bit on a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 convertible notebook/tablet with an Intel Core m processor)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply's to my VPN question guys.