Thanks

mapping OneDrive to a drive letter

I found a link showing how to map the OneDrive (Microsoft Account) to a drive letter:

https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/micro...-file-explorer

The only issue I am having is that, when I tell it to remember my credentials, the next time I go to access the account the login name shows as, for instance

Microsoft Account /cwbillow@componentics.com.

Any idea how to get just the login name to fill the filed?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm doing it slightly differently: \\d.docs.live.net@SSL\id But I don't think that matters.

If I recall, when the login box pops up, check the box that says you are using different credentials (e.g. different than your windows login) then give it your user name and password and check to remember credentials. It's still going to ask a logon to connect after a reboot but it should remember your credentials.

I only connect as needed so I use a slightly different method.

BTW, if you are going to use this and want to store files on OneDrive that do not automatically sync to a computer, be sure and change the settings on OneDrive to only sync selected directories.

You can set your desktop to automatically sync all drives and your laptop to only sync specific directories. Anything that goes to your desktop OneDrive is synced to the cloud and you can access it via a mapped drive on your laptop, but it doesn't all try and download to your laptop.
    Last edited by gsmith-plm; 2016-01-25 at 10:37.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    Thanks Jerry. Good points.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"