Thanks

Contacts folders in Outlook 2016

I just migrated fro Exchange to Outlook 2016, using the 50 gig mailbox my ISP offers. The core for my using Exchange in the first place was the need for more than the 2 gig mailbox offered at that time, so now the need for Exchange has lessened. That being said, I am also just setting up Outlook 2016, and am trying to rename the Contacts folder.

My install of outlook 2016 showed all my contacts in a folder My "Contacts/Contacts1 (This computer only) - Comp - CWBillow."

Being perhaps a bit OCD, I created a folder "Contacts" and moved all the info into that folder and then set it as the default. What I cannot seem to do though, is remove the Contacts1 (This computer only) folder.

Am I locked into keeping that folder? Isn't there a way to remove it. since in fact it is now empty? I hop so.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I don't think you can remove the Contacts folder which is created when you create the account.

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I would think Outlook 2016 is much like earlier versions and may also use the Windows default Contacts Folder under C:\Users\USERNAME or at least complicate things.

Thanks
    Joe, how did I know you might say that?! I would settle for renaming it to just "Contacts", but then, oh well...

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    Berton, I just see no point to all the added verbiage unless I were to set up multiple folders...but then, who am I?

Chuck