Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Calendars won't sync in Win Live Mail 2012

I have been using Win. Live Mail 2011, and recently, at Microsoft's suggestion, updated to the Win. Essentials 2012 version. We like the way it kept the calendar synced on three Win 7 computers and my Android phone.

It seemed to work fine for a few days, but recently stopped syncing. The best I can tell from my research is that the syncing software MS used has stopped, or it is because of MS moving everything to Outlook.com. I can't figure out how to fix this.

Can anybody help, or have any suggestions for a calendar replacement?

Thanks for any help,

Thanks
    I use WLM 2012 calendar with a hotmail account (now on Outlook.com) and it still works ok. Since yours stopped working on all three computers, seems like maybe something got changed on the other end. Has Microsoft changed your Outlook.com accounts so that they are using the "Preview" option?

Thanks
    I am wondering if your issue could be related to needing the update (that messes up people's computers) that is talked about here. http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...-keep-using-it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincenzo For This Useful Post:

Drido (2016-01-28)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    I use WLM 2012 calendar with a hotmail account (now on Outlook.com) and it still works ok. Since yours stopped working on all three computers, seems like maybe something got changed on the other end. Has Microsoft changed your Outlook.com accounts so that they are using the "Preview" option?
    Thanks for replying, I appreciate any help. I did check and my account has changed to Outlook.com, and all the old info on the calendar is there. But none of my computers will now sync with the on-line Outlook.com. I don't think I ever saw and option for preview. Do you know where it is? Or, is it just the preview before you change to outlook.com?

I can still get all my emails, so that works. I also added my Outlook.com address to my Hotmail.com account but that didn't seem to help. I have tried with and without the WL update they requested. (KB3093594). Again didn't help.

Not sure what to do now. I guess I can try uninstalling and reinstalling WL Mail again, but I think (like you) that it is something on the MS or Outlook.com end.

Thanks for our help, any other ideas?

Thanks
    The "Preview" is an option that MS seems to force onto some accounts. My wife's has it, but mine does not. I'm not sure of the details of what it changes. You can tell if you have it by logging in to your email using a browser, it would say "Preview" at the top if you have it.

But since your email is working, seems like that may not be it.

You say your email accounts were changed to Outlook.com. That sounds like your email address has changed. So check this: In WLM, click File>Options>Mail> go to the Connection tab, and under "Connecting to Windows Live Services", I assume the left button will say "Sign in with another ID". Click that, and put your new email address and password in there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincenzo For This Useful Post:

Drido (2016-01-28)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The "Preview" is an option that MS seems to force onto some accounts. My wife's has it, but mine does not. I'm not sure of the details of what it changes. You can tell if you have it by logging in to your email using a browser, it would say "Preview" at the top if you have it.

But since your email is working, seems like that may not be it.

You say your email accounts were changed to Outlook.com. That sounds like your email address has changed. So check this: In WLM, click File>Options>Mail> go to the Connection tab, and under "Connecting to Windows Live Services", I assume the left button will say "Sign in with another ID". Click that, and put your new email address and password in there.
    Again, Thanks Vincenzo. I tried using my Outlook.com address and I picked up some additional info. But still can't add something to the WL Mail calendar on my computer and have it sync to the on line version, or the other computers. Could the MS sync service be not working?

Thanks
    I guess that could be happening with your account, although it is still working fine with mine.

Have you tried adding an event to the online calendar, and see if it syncs with the computers, or the phone?

Also did you check to see if you have the "Preview" version of the Microsoft account?

Also what did you mean when you said you picked up some additional info?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I guess that could be happening with your account, although it is still working fine with mine.

Have you tried adding an event to the online calendar, and see if it syncs with the computers, or the phone?

Also did you check to see if you have the "Preview" version of the Microsoft account?

Also what did you mean when you said you picked up some additional info?
    Vincenzo, Thanks for the suggestions, I did add a different event to two computers, to see if they would sync with each other and / or with the on line Outlook.com account. They don't.

My MS account does not say "Preview" on the Hotmail.com, or the Outlook.com page.

I checked the WL Calendar again because of your question, and while logged into the Outlook.com account, I see my calendar on the WL Mail (Desktop) calendar page (but nothing new). But, if I switch over to the Hotmail.com account, my calendar disappears. So now I will probably just log into the Outlook.com act .

I did see one MS post about there being a problem with the MS Exchange Active Service. So maybe that is the problem and I (and others)will have to wait until MS fixes it. Lets hope they do.

Again, thank you for our help, I await any other suggestions,

Thanks
    When you look at the calendar online, is it the outlook.com or the hotmail.com address? Whichever one it is, that is the one that you should have WLM log into, on the Connections tab.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When you look at the calendar online, is it the outlook.com or the hotmail.com address? Whichever one it is, that is the one that you should have WLM log into, on the Connections tab.
    Ya, No matter which I log into, to see the calendar I see it on Outlook.com, so that is what I have been logging into. Still no syncing however.

Thanks
    I don't know if you like putting time into stuff like this, since it may in fact be a MS issue.
    But one other thing to try would be to create new outlook.com email address (and not just an alias, a completely new address) and cofigure it in WLM (and be sure to connect to it on the Connections Tab). Then see if it can sync with the online calendar.

BTW how has your Android phone calendar been during all this? Which email address does it connect to?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Win Live Mail Calendar Sync Problems

I don't know if you like putting time into stuff like this, since it may in fact be a MS issue.
    But one other thing to try would be to create new outlook.com email address (and not just an alias, a completely new address) and cofigure it in WLM (and be sure to connect to it on the Connections Tab). Then see if it can sync with the online calendar.

BTW how has your Android phone calendar been during all this? Which email address does it connect to?
    I am still working on this. I did rebuild my Win Live Mail application on one computer. (Exported Messages, Deleted accounts, Uninstalled, ran a Registry cleaner, restarted, re-installed, reset up my accounts). At least it is syncing with the Outlook.com site. But, I have not had a chance to do the same on other computersyet. So it seems to be syncing some, but not completely.

I have tried to add an item to my Phone and have it sync, but didn't work. I have not set up a totally new Outlook.com address / account. I was hopping the alias would work. All my devices had the Hotmail.com act, and I have added the Outlook.com address (alias). My next step is to rebuild my Win Live Mail application on my other main computer. I'll let you know if that works.

If that doesn't work, I will try a new Outlook.com account, but I think the Calendars will multiply. Good suggestion though, Thanks.

Thanks
    I was suggesting the new MS account as a test to try to figure out what it going on, not so much as a solution, since it would complicate things as you say.

But anyway I am glad you are making some progress.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was suggesting the new MS account as a test to try to figure out what it going on, not so much as a solution, since it would complicate things as you say.

But anyway I am glad you are making some progress.
    Thanks, I should be able to get to the other computer sometime today. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thanks for your suggestions and help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Finally got back to this, I did rebuild my Win Live Mail application on all my computers. (Exported Messages, Accounts, and Contacts; then Deleted accounts, Uninstalled Win Essentials 2012, ran a Registry cleaner, restarted, re-installed, reset up my accounts, imported old mail). It is now syncing with the Outlook.com and the other computers. Also, I did set up ----@outlook.com aliases for each of the ---@hotmail accounts. But, I still can't get my Android phone to sync with the outlook.com account. So it seems to be syncing, but not completely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast