Thanks

Adblock Plus and NoScript greatly speed up browsing in Firefox!

I just installed Adblock Plus (https://adblockplus.org/en/) and NoScript (https://noscript.net/) in Firefox. BOY IS WEB SURFING FAST! I really had no idea how much scripts and ads were slowing me down.

Both programs are free, which is very nice.

Thanks
    I haven't used NoScript for a long time but agree wholeheartedly with AdBlock Plus. At the moment I'm trying uBlock as an alternative as a result of recommendations here on WSL but suspect I'll be going back to AdBlock Plus. They both appear to work the same but web pages seem to appear just a fraction faster using AdBlock Plus. I guess it's time to look at NoScript again.

Thanks
    I'm using uBlock Origin with the uBlock filter lists, in both Pale Moon x64 and Firefox ESR, I use the other default lists in my hosts file to cover all software installed.

Haven't had NoScript installed for years, way too labour intensive for my liking/browsing habits.

Thanks
    I have seen definite improvement when I go to www.theblaze.com and www.wnd.com. Both sites were agonizingly slow before I installed AdBlock Plus and NoScript. Now, the surfing speed is normal on both sites.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was having problems with pale moon and firefox,when scrolling on some sites the screen went black.if i disabled adblock plus or lattitude the problem went.

Thanks
    Much depends on the site and where it's pulling other data from, as well as css and other scripts, etc. Some sites can have ~30 different 'things' blocked by ABP/Latitude/Origin, like using NoScript, you would need to test by trial and error which one (or combination) of those items is causing the blackouts.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used NoScript for a very long time now. It can be a bit of a handful at the beginning as it blocks just about everything so you do have to set permissions for each site as you go along, but that's a small price to pay IMV.

I tend to use the same sites mainly but if you are a "site hopper" you might find it gets in the way a bit though

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    I have seen definite improvement when I go to www.theblaze.com and www.wnd.com. Both sites were agonizingly slow before I installed AdBlock Plus and NoScript. Now, the surfing speed is normal on both sites.
    I use both ABP and NS, so thought I'd give those links a try: theblaze wasn't particularly slow, but why on earth would an organisation create a single web page that is over 15MB ? Staggering.