Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Article about Facebook

Interesting reading, received this in a E-Mail earlier today:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/your-so...k-to-save-you/
    Last edited by satrow; 2016-01-26 at 19:09. Reason: Cleaned URL.

Thanks
    It strikes me that the author is equating Facebook to something like a diary. Diaries can (could) be useful for our family history, but then how many people over the last 10 (20, 30 or 50) years have kept a diary? So in that respect there's little change.

And photos. How many of us have cleared a loved one's house and found a drawer (box or whatever) full of photographs. Most of poor quality and most of people or places that we have no idea of? Losing photos on FB would be bad but not much different to the box of unknown people we might otherwise have.

The problem is more of the opportunities being lost of having a family history in one place, which can easily be seen.

My own take on this is I'm tagging all my photographs (after scanning the negs and slides) and will then give a memory stick to each of my children with all these scanned and digital photos. What they do with them is up to them!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to access-mdb For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2016-03-16)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Moment Articles is a component from person to person communication organization Facebook for use with working together news and substance distributers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    My own take on this is I'm tagging all my photographs (after scanning the negs and slides) and will then give a memory stick to each of my children with all these scanned and digital photos. What they do with them is up to them!
    That's a great idea!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The data has significance to the provider only if it can be monetized in some way. So status updates, tagging, photographs, videos and the like will only be stored long term if they have value to the provider.