Lounger
    Thanks

Clean installed W10, still I have a Windows.old folder on C:

I am a little confused about how things work. After the upgrade from Win 8.1 id did a clean install of Win 10. I removed all partitions on HD, even the data partition (D), but suddenly I realize that there is a Windows.old folder on C:. I am curious if I did a poor job getting rid of the old stuff on the HD or if Windows 10 creates this folder no matter what I do? Thanks for any opinnions.

Best Regards
    Jan Erik

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    From what I understand Win10 automatically deletes this after 30 days postinstallation. Right now it is there so you can revert back to Win8.1 if you wish. As long as everything transferred OK and you are happy it is okay to manually delete the file, or there may be a setting in Windows Disk Cleanup to do it and other things for you. or just wait and see if it disappears in 31 days.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fascist Nation For This Useful Post:

xangler (2016-01-27)

Lounger
    Thanks
    It can be used to restore your system to the old version of Windows if you don’t like the new version. If you need to recover individual files from your old Windows installation, you can recover them from the Windows.old folder. To delete this folder, use the Windows Disk Cleanup tool: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Thanks
    Do not manually delete the file. Use the setting in the Disk Clean-up tool, which also removes two large hidden files which W10 required for the upgrade.