Lounger
    Thanks

Media Creation Tool does not have Win 10 Pro as an option?

I have Win 10 PRO (64) installed and activated. For various reasons I am considering another clean install. My old USB stick with the installation media is from the time before 1511, so I thought I'd use Media Creation tool and make a new one to avoid the heavy process of updating to 1511 after the install. However when I run the creation tool the only options are "Win 10", "Win 10A" and "in 10 Single language". I'd like to be sure I get Win 10 PRO on the first attempt. Therefore, can anyone please help me understanding how things work here?

Best Regards Jan Erik

Thanks
    Download the option for 'Win 10' (x64). The installer you create contains both 'Win 10' and 'Win 10 Pro'; it asks you at installation time which version you want.

I've used the Media Creation Tool several times and, like you, I was a bit confused the first time. Now I realise that there's very little difference between 'Win 10' and 'Win 10 Pro' so, instead of having 2 separate installs in one ISO file (or USB stick), it's just one common base install plus additional options to differentiate between the 2 versions.

Hope this helps...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

xangler (2016-01-28)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, Rick, and thanks to WindowsSecrets Forum for being a very useful source of good advice
    Best Regards
    Jan Erik