New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook: how do I retain window dimensions at exit?

I had this problem with Outlook 2013 and hoped it might be fixed in 2016, but it is no different.

I use Outlook on a computer with two widescreen monitors. I have my Outlook calendar open on one monitor and my Outlook email open on the other. Both windows extend from top to bottom of the screens. When I exit and then restart Outlook, the calendar and email are displayed on the two monitors as before; the width of both windows is always the same as before, but the height of the two windows is different from what it was when I exited. Neither one is maximized to the height of the screen.

Thus, Outlook is remembering to open the two windows and how wide to make them, but fails to restore the windows height. What can I do to change this behavior?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've done further experimenting. I see that File Manager, and some 3rd party programs also "remember" which screen they were last on and how wide they were, but do not remember how tall the windows were. My guess is that it has nothing to do with Outlook per se, but is rather a general (and annoying) Windows 10 behavior.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rglynnb View Post
    I've done further experimenting. I see that File Manager, and some 3rd party programs also "remember" which screen they were last on and how wide they were, but do not remember how tall the windows were. My guess is that it has nothing to do with Outlook per se, but is rather a general (and annoying) Windows 10 behavior.
    Most times I have success in sizing as desired then holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the close X button. It may take a time or two get Windows to 'learn' what I want.

New Lounger
    Thanks

been there, tried that

I tried the Ctrl+close technique but it had no effect. Thanks for trying!

I've duplicated the behavior with application windows in general on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, so maybe it's an inherent bug with window management now. It used to work as desired on Windows 7, but it's not that big a deal to merit going that far back.