Thanks

Naming an account/Mailbox

Fixed it. I went in and deleted / renamed, and now it seems fine.

CB
    ---
    I have two GMail accounts set up in Outlook 2016. One shows up as "GMail - CBillow" but the other shows up as "cwbillow@gmail.com."

I looked in "Account Settings / More Settings" and in both accounts the display shows as "GMail - CBillow" and/or "GMail - CWBillow" respectively. This was where one could change the account name display in 2010. But here, since they are not "wrong" there is nothing to change seemingly.

Where is the Outlook Navigation panel data pulled from, and can it be changed?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    Last edited by CWBillow; 2016-01-29 at 13:21.
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Chuck:

In Outlook 2007, I believe you could right-click on the mailbox name in your main screen, choose Properties, and then name it to something else. This would change the display name, but not the actual name that Outlook uses for checking your email.

I've never used Outlook 2016, so I can't say if it's that way in 2016. But my experience with Microsoft products tells me that something like that wouldn't be likely to change much if at all from one version to the next.

Jim
    Last edited by mrjimphelps; 2016-01-29 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Jim, it seems that, as my last post might indicate as well as other little and some not so little hiccups may as well, that Outlook 2016, the live and not the desktop version, still may have a couple bumps and foibles. We'll see.

Regards,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"