Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Kernel Security Check Failure.

Allo. One of my machines has been misbehaving lately, on booting, I get this message : Kernel Security Check Failure. Then it shuts down and restart and seems to be happy with W-10. Can anybody here give me an idea of what causes this and how to remedy the problem.

This is a Lenovo M58 that has been great for the last two years. Thanks.

Further information. I have disconnected all devices save for the USB Keyboard and the monitor. I have even reflashed the BIOS. Both DVDs were also disconnected, I reseated the RAM, it checks fine. I also changed the two cables feeding the HD, both data and power, no change.

I will have a look at Event viewer but I doubt if I can make any sense out of it.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2016-01-30 at 11:47.

Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Jerry.
    As you can see, the devil is at my Lenovo again. All is well if I keep it running. Does this help at all ? The new HD is fine and very quiet as compared with the old one but it does not seem to be the problem.

I am printing these two references to follow them out. I will post back at you.

Edit. I am now rolled back to 10586.29 and the problem is gone, no more Kernel Security Check Failure. 14521 is the culprit. Also, I got off the Insider stuff so I will not update it again.

Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2016-02-03 at 19:29.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Jerry. How are you today ?

Call me daring ! I got 14257 installed and the Kernel Security Check Failure is not here again, as I was getting on 14251 that gave me goose-pimple. I will try a restart now, just to see.

Of course, I have a clone of the 10586, just in case, daring but prudent.

No joy, Jerry. On restart, I got the dialogue : Kernel Security check Failure again. What can be going on ? It restarted fine without the darn dialogue. No clone back yet.

All fine wishes. Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2016-02-05 at 13:16.

Thanks
    Did you try disabling all your start ups and non Microsoft services?

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, I have now and with all of them Disabled, it boots in a funny way, double up on the Lenovo logo, but it boots. Further investigation pending.

Of course, I will let you know.

Statu-quo, Jerry. The funny part is that after the dialogue, it restarts and runs fine. Go search !

Edit : I broke down and it is back on 10586.29, runs great ! So it is not my machine, I blame MS builds 14251 and 14257. What is really strange is that the Acer does not get this bug and they are all +/- twins in apps and drivers. Triplets, I should say as I also have a Toshiba laptop running W-10.

Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2016-02-10 at 09:59.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello.
    On 14279 now and the Kernel_Security_Check_Failure is not there anymore. I wrote on FB that I think it is hidden as the boot stops for a definite length of time, more or less equivalent to what it first took to boot. KSCF does not show anymore on screen but I believe it still exists. Sneaks at Seattle ?

The way that I do to evade this is by going to hibernate when I am done with the machines.

All fine wishes. Jean.