New Lounger
    Thanks

Networking strange

I have had the usual "protocol" is missing refusal to allow me to open another machine but now am subjected to an even more strange and irritating blip

Been around a long time.....beta tester for DOs3 LOL and ran a Fidnet BBS way back before the web so can usually manage to sort things out butn this has me floored

Three machine networked......2 Win7 and One Win10. All on rthe same network type all full shared and even no firewall running at the moment. On the win10 machine one other machine does not allow me to view files when I Access it through "NETWORKING" (get the "protocol is missing" error and can't fix it). BUT if I access it from This PC it is fully open to me

All 3 mchines show in the list......all 3 are FULLY shared with permissions correct. The Router checks out all three have IP addresses. I have fiddled with every tweak I can think of. Incidentally the blocked machine varies....it is not always the same Win7 machine that is unreachable from Win10

I have done the IP clearing and DNS tweaks too

Any bright ideas would be appreciated....it isn't stopping me working as I can always make the connection but I do not understand the conflict between Network and Computer

Peter E-Mail response preferred if possible

Thanks
    Peter E-Mail response preferred if possible
    This against Lounge rule 10:
    10. Do not make private-message requests
    Please keep your questions and answers on the public forums. We discourage sending or asking for replies via e-mail or private message. Private requests defeat the purpose of the Lounge, which is designed to share information as widely as possible. If you're worried you'll miss any replies, click the thread's link to receive e-mail notification. You can also set your notification defaults globally in the Your Notifications section of your Profile.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    This against Lounge rule 10:
    So sorry.....should I tyake poison ??

Pity you do not concentrate on helping rather than sitting making judgements....I am simply 84 and still working for a charity......I simply get e-mail without having to log in here.....but forget it.....never again.......enjoy your dependence on protocol...lots of room for you in the tax department

P

Thanks
    I'm not making judgments. Simply stating Lounge rules. Its your choice to leave if its not acceptable to you.

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka
    Simply stating Lounge rules.
    +1