3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How can I place several "extra" spaces between functions in the taskbar in Outlook 2003?

Please see image below:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I just installed Office 2003 with Outlook on a WinVista Notebook [then upgraded to Win7] and on the right-click of a Toolbar/Menubar then Customize don't find where spaces can be added, just a number of features.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2016-01-31)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops, should have added for the visibility part, Large icons can be chosen for those on the Toolbars in that Customizing but on my display settings they seem to be somewhat fuzzy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2016-01-31)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How can I place several "extra" spaces between functions in the taskbar in Outlook 2003?

Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Oops, should have added for the visibility part, Large icons can be chosen for those on the Toolbars in that Customizing but on my display settings they seem to be somewhat fuzzy.
    Berton,

Thanks for your response; however I'm not sure what you are saying?
    I'm aware of the large icons and they are fuzzy. I use the small ones.

I'm still at a loss as to how to add "much needed" spaces between menu bar commands.

cheers,

klx

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It has been a long time since I've used Outlook 2003. However I seem to remember standard Office toolbar customization functionality that allowed you to add a "block" to the toolbar. It was meant to create visual groups of related functions. There was nothing to prevent it being used for simple spacing purposes though.

The block had no function beyond grouping items, so clicking it did nothing.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BHarder View Post
    It has been a long time since I've used Outlook 2003. However I seem to remember standard Office toolbar customization functionality that allowed you to add a "block" to the toolbar. It was meant to create visual groups of related functions. There was nothing to prevent it being used for simple spacing purposes though.

The block had no function beyond grouping items, so clicking it did nothing.
    B Harder,

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned a "block" however I have not seen the 'block' function in any of the commands. MS may have hidden under the 3rd toadstool on the left under the old oak tree that sits on the far end of the pasture.

I'll just keep looking as I'm blown by the tumbling tumble weed.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I may be thinking of some other program. I've used so many programs in so many versions over the years, it's hard to keep them all straight.

I can't test Office 2003 because we haven't used it in years; even Office 2007 is mostly phased out around here. Nor can I hope that my Office 2010 has similar functionality because it has the ribbon now instead of the old toolbars.

What I can say for sure is that I have used software that allowed customizing of the toolbar and provided a non-button spacer. It was just a grey or white block, like this: □. There was another package that had a similar function but it was a vertical bar instead of a block, like this: |

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BHarder View Post
    Sorry, I may be thinking of some other program. I've used so many programs in so many versions over the years, it's hard to keep them all straight.

I can't test Office 2003 because we haven't used it in years; even Office 2007 is mostly phased out around here. Nor can I hope that my Office 2010 has similar functionality because it has the ribbon now instead of the old toolbars.

What I can say for sure is that I have used software that allowed customizing of the toolbar and provided a non-button spacer. It was just a grey or white block, like this: □. There was another package that had a similar function but it was a vertical bar instead of a block, like this: |
    BHarder,

Thank you so much, you hit the nail on the head. I still use 2003, it works & I dont have to pay a yearly subscription & as a retired busn guy that saves my family money, better spent elswhere.