5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win10 - Keeping up with changes

In May 2015, administrator Rui posted a link to an ebook about Windows 10 features.
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...ndows-10-ebook

That was a good start even though there were some changes when it was released 2 months later. It's been very difficult to keep up with the changes in Win10, I haven't even come to terms with what was new in the original July 2015 version. Then, in Nov, there was a version upgrade. In between, there seem to be changes embedded in updates.

Does MS (or anyone else) keep an updated list of features and changes by version?
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Graham,

The Windows 10 Field Guide is an e-book that once purchased you get access to all updates and the book is designed to be updated as it is only published electronically.

I purchased it about 2 weeks ago and already received a notice that a newer version was available. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a chance to get inside it yet so I can't vouch for its usefulness but the Authors have a good reputation.

I downloaded the mobi version and then use Calibre to convert it to AZW2 (Kindle format) and load it to my kindle. I highly recommend Calibre and it's free.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

gsmith-plm (2016-01-31)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    Does MS (or anyone else) keep an updated list of features and changes by version?
    This site seems to do a good job of listing the changes in each build of Windows 10: http://changewindows.org/build.php

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

access-mdb (2016-01-31),gsmith-plm (2016-01-31)

Thanks
    Thanks Bruce, the first thing I noticed was jump lists on tiles and on the start menu, so useful. I shall be perusing the changes to see if there's more I can make use of.

I think I'm going to upgrade my 8.1 PC very shortly.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Definitely need to look at both of those. I figured there had to be something more accessible than random interweb searches.

Not sure I quite get the pricing on the book. You can pay more or less than the "published" price, depending on how generous you are? Interesting concept.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    Not sure I quite get the pricing on the book. You can pay more or less than the "published" price, depending on how generous you are? Interesting concept.
    Graham,

This is not unique to this book. As more and more authors are forgoing the big publishers to self publish they can offer deals like this because even at the Minimum price they still make more per copy than they would get from the big publishers. I'm a big fan of book bundles where you can get works (Sci-Fi in my case) from new to you authors for a pay what you want price and if you pay a certain minimum you get free extra books. If you pay the minimum it usually comes in at about $2.00 or less per book. A great way to try new authors, of course they are hoping you like their work and come back for more at full price.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

wavy (2016-01-31)

Thanks
    + Sci-Fi

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am bookmarking the web page but for the price the book looks like a good deal so I'll likely get that as well.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware