Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question EUFI and boot order

I just bought an HP 750xt desktop running Windows 10. Despite setting the boot order to start with the DVD drive using the EUFI settings, the computer wonít boot from the DVD drive. I hear the DVD drive spinning, but the computer boots in the default order (from the SSD).

I need that boot order for reinstalling Macrium Reflect disk images and for running Microsoft Online virus scan. I just looked at the boot order screen and didnít even see the DVD drive. Iím confused.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks
    Disable Windows 10's fast startup, which is normally a default setting, prior to using a bootable disc.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

Keffdoak (2016-02-04)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Clint. It is so easy to forget all these settings after setting them and not even looking at them again.
    Be good, Jean.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I disabled fast startup, but my DVD drive no longer appears in my boot options. I tried it with a DVD in the drive and with the drive empty. When I tried it with a disk in the drive, I couldn't get to the startup options until I ejected the disk.

Cheers,

Will

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hold down Shift when you click Restart and you will be given options for re-starting your machine, including boot from DVD.

cheers, Paul

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Keffdoak (2016-02-05)