Thanks

Programs Not on Start Button AllApps list

Photoshop Elements 9 was installed on my computer in the Windows 7 days. Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, it's still there, but there isn't any trace of it on the Start menu. Specifically, it is NOT on the AllApps list when I call it up. There is at least one other program that is in this boat.

What's a fellow to do?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    Go into Windows Explorer and drill down to either the C:\Program Files, or the C:\Program Files (x86) [root install folders] and pin the applications
    icon to the taskbar.

Not uncommon for some programs to not post an icon to the desktop, but it can be terribly confusing to some on W8/8.1, or W10.

If the application does not appear in the above mentioned folders it likely wasn't installed.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2016-02-04 at 19:02.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

Lou Sander (2016-02-04)

Thanks
    Got it!

I'm often confused by Windows 10, but I'm working my way through the All-in-One for Dummies book, and it's less confusing every day. It's a pretty good book, actually.

Some of the Windows 10 stuff seems really stupid, but a lot of it is pretty good. It certainly looks like the wave of the future, so I expect to upgrade my other computer and my wife's computer real soon now.
    Last edited by Lou Sander; 2016-02-04 at 19:27. Reason: Eliminate redundant "Got it!"
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA