Thanks

Carousing With A Cacheman Or Two

Cacheman. ....and there's CachemanXP.

Don't know why they have 2.

Never seen this before.

Any opinions would help.

Thinking about signing up for this.

POC - bloatware or what?

Tell me 'cause I know you lot in here knows everythink.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    30 day free trial for something that is unlikely to make any difference...

Stay well away!

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Stay well away

BUT Does it work?

Thanks Paul T for the input but it looks like it should be a great help to my li'l ol' box o tricks. I'm still running a single core here so any help is much appreciated.

I read all the small print and it says there's no spyware or attached snoop stuff included in the bundle.
    Maybe it really is all good.

Why not so?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    More software makes your PC run slower, not faster. The way to faster computing is faster hardware and more memory.
    Post your machine specs and we'll suggest alternatives.

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do a search here and see how many references to it you find, same on the web.

I'm betting most of what you find will be old (this program has been around a fairly long time). Hardware has changed a lot and the need for something like this has greatly diminished. Newer versions of Windows have also changed how they do caching.

This is not a program I would be looking at unless I had a problem - and I'd be looking at other things first.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    Do a search here and see how many references to it you find, same on the web.I'm betting most of what you find will be old (this program has been around a fairly long time). Hardware has changed a lot and the need for something like this has greatly diminished. Newer versions of Windows have also changed how they do caching.This is not a program I would be looking at unless I had a problem - and I'd be looking at other things first.
    Spot On SmiffyTried it and it was rubbisg.That and no good at all.Uninstalled it as a complete Waste Of Time.Way better to manage the cache yourself. Better than this POC. Used cpu resources and couldn't keep up.So the answer is - Go to advanced settings....and..Select a preference for CACHE and not PROGRAMS and see for yourself.A smaller than 'recomended' page file size also seems to impact caching.Open to thoughts on the page file thingy as I know a million times already it shouldn't have any effect.But it does.Today I tuned off javascript - so no fancy type faces or silly fonts for a while.Page loads are AMAZING FAST! No smileys neither.