New Lounger
    Thanks

Connectivity to MyCloud from Win10

I have a Win10 laptop and a MyCloud NAS device. The Windows file manager on the laptop can display folders and their files that are on the NAS (usually; every so often I get a Network Path Not Found error that goes away on its own); however, neither Windows Photo Galley nor my normal photo editing software (PhotoPhilia) can display them. Its as if they don't exist.

Because FM can, and PG/Photophila cannot, I'm guessing that there is a security block somewhere.

Any thoughts on whether this is the case, and in any event how I can identify and resolve this, would be appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have spent the last month trying to get a MyCloud Mirror Gen2 (which was replaced with an EX2) functioning. My problems were with the WDSync software.
    I've now actually got data loaded to it and have things mostly working (knock on wood).

Supposedly all of the MYClouds and small NAS units (like the EX2) work the same, so here is where I'm at. Might or might not be of help.

I mapped all of my shares on the nas, so they would have drive letters. Before I did that I have some strange 'now it works, not it doesn't'.
    Before I mapped the shares, I was finding the unit under network in FM and going to stuff from there. Flaky...sometimes the unit wouldn't show up.

If you have problems mapping, check the security on the shares. I had a share that wasn't public, but belonged to admin that I couldn't map. Had to set up a 'user' on the nas that matched the windows user and give them read/write access to the share.
    I ran into an error when trying to map, something about credentials. Ended up going to control panel and deleting all the credentials that had been set up.

Even if you haven't had problems mapping, you may still have problems based on user/share security on the nas.

I have several different programs (GoodSync, ADCSee 9 Pro) and set up the Windows Photos app using the mapped shares and everything is working fine.

I set up a public share (Photo Gallery), that I had problems accessing remotely or sending somebody a e-mail share. We could see the share, folders, and files, but attempting to look at the file resulted in a black screen, no pic. That turned out to be a problem with WebDAV not being turned on for the share. Since this was only coming in remote via 'www.files.mycloud.com'; I wouldn't think that it would be your problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Connectivity via Mapping

Thank you so much for that idea --- since I mapped the WD Share (ie, folder/partition), my application (PhotoPhilia) has had NO problem in connecting to the share. Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer1 View Post
    I have spent the last month trying to get a MyCloud Mirror Gen2 (which was replaced with an EX2) functioning. My problems were with the WDSync software.
    I've now actually got data loaded to it and have things mostly working (knock on wood).

Supposedly all of the MYClouds and small NAS units (like the EX2) work the same, so here is where I'm at. Might or might not be of help.

I mapped all of my shares on the nas, so they would have drive letters. Before I did that I have some strange 'now it works, not it doesn't'.
    Before I mapped the shares, I was finding the unit under network in FM and going to stuff from there. Flaky...sometimes the unit wouldn't show up.

If you have problems mapping, check the security on the shares. I had a share that wasn't public, but belonged to admin that I couldn't map. Had to set up a 'user' on the nas that matched the windows user and give them read/write access to the share.
    I ran into an error when trying to map, something about credentials. Ended up going to control panel and deleting all the credentials that had been set up.

Even if you haven't had problems mapping, you may still have problems based on user/share security on the nas.

I have several different programs (GoodSync, ADCSee 9 Pro) and set up the Windows Photos app using the mapped shares and everything is working fine.

I set up a public share (Photo Gallery), that I had problems accessing remotely or sending somebody a e-mail share. We could see the share, folders, and files, but attempting to look at the file resulted in a black screen, no pic. That turned out to be a problem with WebDAV not being turned on for the share. Since this was only coming in remote via 'www.files.mycloud.com'; I wouldn't think that it would be your problem.