Lounger
    Thanks

Win10 Lots of quirks few desktop perks

Upgraded from Win7 pro recently. The upgrade went smoothly until I attempted to open Google Chrome.

Chrome will not run in win 10 multiple deletes reinstalls and it will not run.

Firefox runs, but the telephone function is non functional.

Next the only modem I've found is a USB 2.0 external modem, for voice/data coms and the selection apparently is one mfgr.

Ironically, Win10, accepted an old 16bit Program without a hitch - the prog was created about 1990 but it runs. Haven't tried Turbo Pascal yet.

This OS may be good for newer technical users with phone, etc., but other than a faster reboot, don't see much benefit.

Any help with the kinks?

Thanks
    Chrome works fine for me. Perhaps you need to use a third party uninstaller like Revo or Geek uninstaller to make sure you haven't got any (possibly corrupt) remnants.
    I tried adding a modem, there wasn't any in the list but it asked me for the manufacturer rather than a specific one. Have you got a modem connected?

What is the telephone function in FF?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Uninstalled using revo and other multiple uninstall/reinstall- Chrome will not function.
    An internet search revealed one USB modem compatible with win10.

Don't know what "FF" is but telephone function on my desktop is an answering machine/fax function.

Thanks
    FF is short for Firefox. I misunderstood when you said "Firefox runs, but the telephone function is non functional" that it was the phone function in Firefox, my bad.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    i have multiple win10 machines and chrome works fine on all of them.

Thanks
    I can vouch for chrome on my system, and an older version too at that.
    Not all upgrades are going to go smoothly. I suggest you clean install if you can't sort out the modem and FF issues.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.