New Lounger
    Thanks

Question dual boot problem

I have recently changed from hybrid drives to a full SSD drive. I cloned my system disk to the new SSD drive but when I booted it had the Bootmgr problem. As I have had this problem before when cloning drives I just took a short cut and used a Lazersoft disk and used the quick one click method to cure the problem. It worked fine except that when I boot my machine now, it offers me three boot options. My SSD drive as the default, the clone of my SSD drive and the thirdly, the original hybrid drive. Obviously, on reflection I should have disconnected the other drives before running the Lazersoft program. This is useful as in the past if I have had any problems I would just change the SATA data leads over and boot from a clone. My only problem is the thirty second delay before it defaults to my SATA drive unless I press enter. I would like to access the bootmgr file and edit it to a two or three second delay instead of the thirty second default. Having changed to a SATA drive to enable faster booting, I have in fact built in an extra delay. I should say that I back up to an external drive with EASEUS, one fill backup and subsequent differentials but the differentials have occurred since the problem as was the clone so restoring back is no help. Any suggestion please?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Does this post help?

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Del,

Get a copy of EasyBCD and you can easily edit your BCD entries.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Does this post help?

cheers, Paul
    Many thanks Paul, that enabled me to change the default to four seconds so now I have the best of both worlds.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to retired geek for your suggestion but I have tried EasyBCD and have installed it three times, but it will not open on my machine. Possibly my antivirus program takes exception to it trying to change things, but when I click on the short cut it just sits there doing nothing. Paul T provided the cure.