New Lounger
    Thanks

Internet explorer 11

I am having problems with internet explorer 11 in windows 7 and would like to know if I will get a complete new install of internet explorer when upgrade to windows 10 or do I have to do a clean install? I am having a problem viewing some information or video on some sites and I get a messages that I have an obsolete version of internet explorer or that I need flash. both are up to date.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    IE 11 is the latest version so an update to Windows 10 won't make a difference.
    Windows updates has the latest updates to IE and flash for IE. Have you run Windows updates recently?

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    "and I get a messages that I have an obsolete version of internet explorer or that I need flash"
    Both of those are common scams to get you to download malware. Can you post a few of the urls?
    This might also be caused by a compatibility problem between Internet Explorer and the site you're visiting. You may wish to try running IE in compatibility mode.
    Try using Chrome or Firefox to see if you get the same result.

Thanks
    How to repair or reinstall Internet Explorer in Windows

I am having a problem viewing some information or video on some sites and I get a messages that I have an obsolete version of internet explorer or that I need flash.
    Cal's right, quite often they are scams.
    In the event you actually are having real problems with IE, try the above link.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    One more possibility - flash can be blocked by ActiveX filtering so try turning it off. In Internet Explorer, choose Tools > ActiveX Filtering to turn ActiveX on or off.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    If you upgrade you will get a new install of all the Windows system files. As Paul said IE11 is the same version as running on Windows 7. Sometimes, web sites do not check the version of IE and/or Flash correctly but more often as has been said it is a scam.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ie 11

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    If you upgrade you will get a new install of all the Windows system files. As Paul said IE11 is the same version as running on Windows 7. Sometimes, web sites do not check the version of IE and/or Flash correctly but more often as has been said it is a scam.

Joe
    I tried everything from the other posts with out a change until I installed Chrome. All the sites I had problems with before are now resolved so now I am sure that IE 11 must be damaged. How can I fix it?
    Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    See the link in Clint's post #4.

Joe
    Last edited by JoeP517; 2016-02-13 at 09:51. Reason: correct post # thanks Paul

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Post #4.

cheers, Paul