3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 .pst file corruption?

My issue is related to using Outlook 2010 under Windows 7 as a synced link with a Samsung S6 smartphone.

Since upgrading from an S4 to an S6 a few months ago, with its concomitant change from using Samsung Kies 3 to Samsung Smart Switch as the syncing software, syncing has not been as reliable, although it has been basically working. A week ago I began to receive error messages, saying that the sync (Contacts and Calendar) cannot be performed due to problems in the Outlook file. I ran syncpst on my very large Outlook file and it made many repairs; a rerun found no errors. However, the same or similar error messages remain. The experts in the store where I purchased the S6 have no idea of how to proceed; does anyone on the forum?

Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Since I have received no replies, let me come at this problem in a different way.
    Is there a recommended intermediary way that I can keep my "contacts-type" files and my calendar files synced across my desktop (Outlook 2010) and my Samsung S6 devices? If not, is there another system I should transfer to, e.g., Google mail or other app?
    Thanks.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Using an online mail service will retain all data in the cloud so accessing it from any device gives you the same data.
    I use a desktop mail client and have web mail for portable devices by using IMAP on my desktop. Then the data is duplicated between my client and the cloud.

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I assume, then, that you can do no mail work (even accessing archive files) when you are off-line.

I assume also that I lose access to my Outlook files, excerpt as archives as long as I retain some Outlook capability.

Or am I misunderstanding your proposal.

Thanks.
    Last edited by globalist; 2016-02-14 at 21:43. Reason: insert a missing "no"

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Yes, archives can't be accessed, but you can move them back into the database in appropriately named folders.

cheers, Paul