New Lounger
    Thanks

Win2K3 Srv creating new user accounts on boot

My Win2K3 Server is creating a new user account when it boots up, instead of using the existing account.
    For example, assume the account is called "USER"
    It is creating a new account named "USER.DOMAIN"

The new "USER.DOMAIN" account appears to have migrated all the settings from the "USER" account, so that it's almost impossible to tell them apart.

My problem is that this account doesn't seem to be able to access the DHCP nor DNS server (as well as other services) and the other Win2K3 server, which is the BDC.

I have tried to remove the HDD from the machine and on another windows machine, remove the directory "USER.DOMAIN" and place it on a USB key. Then put the drive back in and boot up again. It just creates another "USER.DOMAIN" account again but this time all the settings were also lost as if it created a completely new USER account from scratch.

I would need to have it revert back to the original "USER" account so that everything is functional again.

I would also like to know how this happened and why, if someone would be kind enough to explain that to me.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Not meaning to break anyone's rules. Really need help to fix this. I am also searching for answers on my own, here.

Also it's a user profile isssue not a user account issue.
    Last edited by GreenGhost; 2016-02-12 at 09:32.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I fixed it on my own.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Glad you resolved it. Care to share in case it will help someone else?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I really wanted to share it but no one seemed interested at all, So I thought it's better to simply say it's solved. Also, I didn't want to further offend anyone on the forum by continuing a posting about something that someone was making a big effort to track down from all over the net. (Which I found not only really odd but also very creepy, by the way.)
    Then if this forum has rules about posting on other forums, then by your own rules, the same applies to other forums also. Which means I would be breaking their rules by posting my answer here.
    I guess if you are really interested in this topic you can always try to go follow the links above and anyone that wants to know can go find it for themselves?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    That is not a good attitude to have if you have been asking for help. You gave no information about what other possible solutions you had been given and what you tried.
    A simple link to the solution would've been good. Just because no one here was able to help does not mean no one was interested. Everyone here (and in most forums) is a volunteer. Work done here is above and beyond normal day-to-day activities. You have no idea how much time may have been spent investigating this for you. If someone here saw that answers were being posted elsewhere then they may have just quit looking.

Joe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

wavy (2016-03-16)