5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fending off Windows 10 . . .

I'm getting bored with fending off Windows 10, but I suppose I have to keep going despite having GWX Control Panel installed.

Looking through the waiting list of "important" updates I found:

KB2952664 - I thought I had hidden this but it has cropped up again
    KB3123862 - can't find too much about this other than it seems definitely aimed at the regrade
    KB3135445 - can't find too much about this one either, other than "This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows" which I assume is also WX related. The MS KB article says this one is Optional but it is definitely in my Important list.

I've hidden them all but can anyone shed further light, please ?

Life gets more difficult once trust has evaporated
    Last edited by MartinM; 2016-02-12 at 06:23.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Had a further think about this.

Maybe it would be simpler only to install updates marked "Security" or something obvious like ".Net Framework".

Thanks
    Woody has an opinion on these. KB3135445, I installed it because win 7 WU runs slow, will have to wait and see if this speeds it up.
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/302...fts-batch.html

Both KB 3135445 and KB 3135449 contain identical language under "Status." They both say:

Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.

Without any description of the problem or its solution. They also both say:

This update doesn't replace a previously released update.

I'm left with the impression that Microsoft wants to break with its sordid history with Windows Update patches and offer these two new patches to fix the long-standing Windows Update lethargy problems. If you feel Windows Update is running fast enough, I don't see any big reason to install either of them. But if Windows Update is running at a crawl, it would behoove you to get caught up.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    Had a further think about this.

Maybe it would be simpler only to install updates marked "Security" or something obvious like ".Net Framework".
    I stopped getting the "Recommended" Windows Updates and only get the "Important" ones. Those Win 10 Nag updates and the others you mentioned stopped showing up, but still show in the "Optional" updates. I've ignored them and have not had any problem with the "Win 10 Push". I don't understand, however, why you're getting these Nag updates as Important updates. So far, I haven't seen them in my Important updates. Just more weird MS BS.