Thread: Acronis Drivers

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acronis Drivers

Greetings All -
    I'm trying to make sure that my WIN 7 Pro system is ready for the eventual upgrade to WIN 10. The only item flagged by the upgrade tool was my disk imaging program, Acronis Home 2012. So I uninstalled Acronis back in early January. A bit later (not sure exactly when they started appearing) I'd get an isolated blue screen. Yesterday, I tried to get to the bottom of it. Blue screen viewer identified a driver named vsflt67.sys as the culprit--an Acronis file. I thought, good deal, I'll just delete the file and my problems will be over. I also found a fltsrv.sys that's also an Acronis file, which I also deleted. This turned out to be a big mistake: none of my USB devices worked, and Windows became unstable. The USB issues caused me to go into device manager where I found in addition to my system's three hard drives, all of the USB flash drives. There was a yellow exclamation point adjacent to each device. I don't recall seeing USB devices here before. My laptop only lists the drivers for the one hard drive. The driver details for each device are all the same. There are four drivers for each device: two Microsoft drivers and the two aforementioned Acronis drivers. I tried uninstalling the Acronis drivers in the hopes that Windows would fix things on reboot. It did not. I don't think it did anything. There was no message on reboot saying new device discovered and the yellow exclamation points were still there. I ended up rolling my system back to about a month ago. Everything is stable now, and my devices are functional, but I still have the four drivers listed for each device--just no exclamation marks anymore. I'm considering a non destructive reinstallation of windows. I'm not certain if that procedure would remove the Acronis drivers or not. If there's a better way to get rid of them, I'd rather go that route. Malware scans also proved negative. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Casey H.

As

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The Acronis support site is best for these, especially as they have an answer for your problem.
    https://forum.acronis.com/forum/27907

cheers, Paul

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Casey H (2016-02-16),wavy (2016-02-15)

Thanks
    Paul that is good stuff to know for ATI users. Nasty way of doing things leaving dregs around when a program uninstalls itself. I wonder what would happen if someone were to use Revo uninstaller afterwards, might make the situation worse.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    I must be fortunate, I've used Revo Pro to remove Acronis. Then installed ATI2016.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks a bunch, Paul. You've steered me along the correct path a number of times in the past, and I really appreciate it. I followed the LINK and then the Registry edit instructions, whereupon I got an immediate blue screen on reboot. Windows did a good job of putting things back together with no input on my part. The deleted registry entries had been restored. I read further down the LINLK's thread and came across the cleanup utility. I downloaded and ran it, then followed up the instructions by checking the registry for any of the nasties. Upon reboot all was normal, and device manager now shows only the two Microsoft drivers for each device listed under Disk Drives.

I still don't recall all seeing all of my USB devices listed under Disk Drives before. Anyway, all appears to be well. Thanks again.

Casey