New Lounger
    Thanks

Missing Fresco Logic USB 3 Drivers in Windows 7 Pro

First-time Poster: Have an ASUS U46E laptop, in which I installed a new 240GB San Disk SSD. On this drive I installed from a CD an Amazon-purchased "Refurb" copy of Windows 7 Pro (previous OS was Linux Mint 17.1, preceded by Windows Home Premium). My purpose here has been to test Windows 10 on this device. I use a ThinkPad on a daily basis. Getting the appropriate drivers back on the ASUS laptop has been a frustrating challenge. The ASUS support site, and the Fresco Logic site, have been less than useful in solving the matter of the Fresco Logic USB3 drivers (host and controller) disappearing. I am a marginally competent tinkerer, but I need help with this. Thanks.

Thanks
    welcome, woodmack.

I don't think any genuine W7 disc would have USB3 drivers.

Firstly, ensure that you've installed the Chipset driver (Intel INF Update Driver) from http://www.asus.com/support/Download...RsPzAfvAA1/30/

Once done, you should then be able to install the USB3 driver (same source, though there may be later drivers also).

W10 would almost certainly install drivers for USB3 on that notebook, if not during the upgrade process, during an early WU session.

Thanks
    USB3 drivers weren't included in the OS until W8 was released. Windows 10 has a generic Intel USB3 driver included. If you upgrade to W10, its not necessary to install any additional drivers.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re ply with thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    USB3 drivers weren't included in the OS until W8 was released. Windows 10 has a generic Intel USB3 driver included. If you upgrade to W10, its not necessary to install any additional drivers.
    This will be perhaps sufficient incentive to allow the upgrade. Thank-you. WM

New Lounger
    Thanks

Reply with thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    welcome, woodmack.

I don't think any genuine W7 disc would have USB3 drivers.

Firstly, ensure that you've installed the Chipset driver (Intel INF Update Driver) from http://www.asus.com/support/Download...RsPzAfvAA1/30/

Once done, you should then be able to install the USB3 driver (same source, though there may be later drivers also).

W10 would almost certainly install drivers for USB3 on that notebook, if not during the upgrade process, during an early WU session.
    Indeed, that link seems to have accomplished the task. Many thanks. WM