Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print Multiple Directory Listings (97/SR-2)

I need to print listings of document names in multiple directories, including several document properties for each document. I've been able to do this through Outlook's View - My Documents but can only print one directory's contents at a time. Can anyone suggest a way in Outlook, Word, and/or VBA to do this, e.g., so you could print the contents (names with selected properties) of all subdirectories below a certain directory level?

Thanks,
    Caroline

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Print Multiple Directory Listings (97/SR-2)

I think you would need to use the FileSystemObject (see posts here or in VB/VBA board) and DSOfile together in a VBA procedure.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I could have sworn I responded to this yesterday...very weird.

I did something very similar using VBA...the code was practically straight out of my Word 2000 VBA Programmer's Reference (Wrox Publishing). The book indicates that the code samples are available online at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wrox.com>http://www.wrox.com</A>...the code I used was in Chapter 7.

Hope that helps...

klyjen

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Although the code in the Wrox book has the benefit of being ready-made and therefore readily liftable, it's still worth considering using the DSO property reader Jefferson referred to.

The code in the Wrox book requires each document to be opened in turn in order to enable its properties to be read - that is pretty strenuous considering that the DSO property reader can read the document properties with the documents closed.

Worth investigating, anyway.....

Gary

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Huh. I'm not familiar with that (being new to vba) but I'll check it out. It would certainly make some of my stuff run faster if I didn't have to open every file. Thanks for the clarification, Gary...

klyjen