Lounger
    Thanks

High processor usage system interrupts

Hello,

Since I did a system reset, I started to have the process called " system interrupts " to consume high percentage of the cpu.

I usually avoid this issue by restarting the system twice. Another problem is the computer is no longer able to go into the sleep mode.

Please any solution on solving these issues.

Thanks

Thanks
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2016-02-20 at 23:23.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2016-03-01),KIWIpeteW (2016-02-21)

Thanks
    DPClat (DPC Latency Checker, linked from Clint's top link) hasn't yet been updated for use with W10, use LatencyMon instead: http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

KIWIpeteW (2016-02-21)

Lounger
    Thanks
    It seems that the system interrupts process issue is controlled for now, but I am still facing issue with the sleep mode ??

Thanks
    Troubleshoot Windows 10 Does Not Go to Sleep

The system interrupts are the main area of contention. Get it sorted out first.
    It's quite possible that the failure to sleep issue is related.

Make certain that all your device drivers are compatible and up to date, including chipset, and that all devices are seated or that the
    integrity of their contacts is maintained. This means all SATA and power cables, PCIe devices, network cards etc. Inspect closely.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2016-02-21 at 16:10.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Lounger
    Thanks
    So I am back, I tried many Latency analyzer software including WPA, but I am still unable to figure out a solution the issue.
    When request to put PC in sleep mode in shuts off the hard drive and the led stops blinking. but the power stays on. Simply by pressing on the power
    button it recovers everything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fadi19 View Post
    Simply by pressing on the power
    button it recovers everything.
    Am I missing something here but that sounds like it is doing just what it is suppoed to do??
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Lounger
    Thanks
    David I meant to say that when I ask it to go into sleep mode, the hard drive stops but there still power coming and fans working while screen and hard are not. supposedly the whole system should be quiet and no power flow.

Thanks
    Ok got it. Clint's advice (post 5) seems a very good start, have you followed his advice?

I have never heard of the situation you describe, if I had to place a bet I would be going w/ H/W or firmware, but I am not.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.